Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Color my world


Let's talk about Chatty CathyDin O'Barrell's continued obsession with seeing the crime scene photos in color, as if the black-and-white versions she has been drooling over for the last six months aren't gruesome enough.

Chatty CathyDin: Some of his photos actually look like they may have been taken at the crime scene. 
What ever happened to that color film that was taken at the crime scene by Danley? 
JTW  (Originally posted on Facebook Nov. 11, 2013)

I would like to know with the color film in the camera, why we have only seen black and white photos...still?  (Originally posted on Facebook Nov. 18, 2013)

Bill Danley of the News-Tribune also took color photos of the crime scene. Whatever happened to those? Maybe they would shed some light on this red cord that turned into white twine?  (Originally posted on Facebook Dec. 13, 2013)

Gee, I bet we can "shed some light" on that for you, Chatty CathyDin. Our guess would be that the white twine turned red after it was soaked with the blood of the three unfortunate women who encountered Chester Weger on the trail to St. Louis Canyon that fateful day in March 1960. Seems pretty obvious to us, but then Chatty has repeatedly demonstrated a bottomless capacity for ignoring the obvious.

*******************

Not only have the Starved Rock Sleuthettes taken to bumping those dreadful photos to the top of their group's Facebook page again, Chatty CathyDin is having a field day enlarging them, cropping them to zero in on the victims' battered bodies and rehashing all of their idiotic speculation regarding the amount of snowfall on the day of the murders.
She has also chosen to return to her off-kilter Crayola drawing board and is once again questioning the cave, the waterfall in the canyon, the position of the victims' clothing and anything else she can possibly call to the attention of the casual observer, all in a vain attempt to cast doubt on and obscure the actual evidence in the case that resulted in the conviction of Chester Weger.
But that is far from her only motivation. After all, as Fearless Leader's heir apparent she has the most to lose if his garrulous group's witch hunt were to abruptly end or, saints preserve us!, achieve its stated goal of obtaining a parole for the State of Illinois' longest-serving inmate, right? So CathyDin will do anything to keep the home fires burning, to keep the flame of Tepid's twisted dream alive.

In the following comment, she manages to combine two of her new obsessions, the women's clothing and the elusive color photographs:

Ms. O'Barrell: I see the pocket, but I don't see the buttons. Maybe they are hidden buttons. Color photographs would have been much more distinguishing.  (Originally posted in Facebook Jan. 25, 2014)

Other bizarre notions recently proposed by Chatty and pals include: 1) the victims' clothing is on backwards so the bodies must have been redressed, 2) the group of boys from the youth work camp who discovered the bodies robbed the victims, and 3) law enforcement officials, specifically Deputy Sheriff Bill Dummett, re-positioned the bodies before the crime scene photos were taken. As Fearless Leader himself posted on Jan. 17: "Weird. And unbelievable." And true to her moniker, motormouth CathyDin never seems to shut up about those color images:

Chatty CathyDin: It would have been really nice if Bill Danley and the staff at The News Tribune had printed them in color. By all accounts he had color film in his camera; as did the women from Riverside. I wonder why we have never seen a color photo from the color negatives in 53 years? Maybe that would be too revealing. I'm just looking for the truth, because I don't believe we have anything close to it. 
If this was the "crime of the century" you would think some hot shot might have wanted to print them in color to shed more light on the facts. Unless they were trying to hide the facts. Why no color prints? What happened to all of those histotic negatives?  (Originally posted on Facebook December 30, 2013)


Seriously, how many times does she have to say color? Maybe she thinks if she repeats the word often enough, in a darkened room in front of a mirror perhaps, she will make the photos appear out of thin air a la the Mary Worth game we used to scare ourselves with as children.
Chatty's newest ploy is to bump old photos on the page by declaring them to be "REVERSE IMAGED."

CathyDin: I concede this could be the waterfall in St Louis canyon in reverse; taken at a different time - different year. I guess I need my 3d rose colored reverse image glasses before I look at any more photos on this site?  
From now on, every photo that I see in connection with this case, I will have to imagine what it would look like in reverse, so I might understand a little truth ~  (Originally posted on Facebook Feb. 4, 2014)

We have a news flash for you, Chatty. All of the glasses in the world -- whether they be 3-D, rose-colored, magnifying, horn-rimmed or intended for the opera -- won't help you see what is right under your nose if you refuse to open your fucking eyes first and actually look!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Smudged glasses or just plain damned ignorant. WTF is going on with those people on the Starved Rock Murders site? Do they seriously think looking at 53 year old grainy photographs is going to free that murdering bastard?
This Chatty Din is suffering a disturbance of some sort by the sounds of it.

Lip Shot said...

I tried to join that Starved Rock group. Wanted to ask if they are nuts or what. They are nuts, just wanted to ask.
Guess they don't want any sanity leaking in?
Good job here!