Fearless Leader and the Sleuthettes have been predictably mum since the parole board announced its decision last week not to release convicted murderer Chester Otto Weger, who remains the longest serving inmate in the state of Illinois.
This afternoon, ridiculous ringmaster and chief bullgoose looney Tepid Starch (aka Fearless Leader) finally broke his online silence. Now you might be thinking: "Wow, I bet he had something really profound and insightful to say after having so much time to process everything." Come on! What the fuck's the matter with you?! NOT EVEN!!!
No, he posted a photo of the cover of the September 1960 issue of pulp magazine Startling Detective. The issue in question contained an article about the Starved Rock murders that apparently called into question the competency of those running the investigation into the gruesome crime. The article's headline stated: "Blunders that queer solution of Starved Rock slayings".
Here is a portion of the text he posted along with the photo: "Two months after this issue hit newsstands, authorities arrested a park employee named Chester O. Weger, and a jury convicted him of one of the killings. However, this case is still controversial. Did police overlook hair samples that indicated more than one killer was present? Was Weger’s confession obtained unlawfully? Weger relatives and backers answer yes to both questions and say he was framed. The police, for their part, admit the fifty-year-old investigation wasn’t perfect, but say their predecessors arrested the right man. With evidence now generations old, there’s no easy resolution."
OK, fair enough -- let's delve into the article, right? No can do, folks. That's all there is. A picture of the damned cover. Hell, Starch didn't even bother writing his own description or comment to accompany the cover image either. Oh, noooooooo. Instead, he plagiarized the website, www.pulpinternational.com, from which he obviously stole the picture, copying and pasting what the site's author had written about the magazine word for word, even down to repeating the same typo (see below) as the original.
His copycat comment ends thus: "This is our first posting of Startling Detective, but we plan to revisit this venerable true crime magazine a litte later and get into the stories in detail." Now doesn't that make it sound like he himself or the SRM group is going to explore the issue further? You can bet that is exactly what he would like the dimwitted troupe of sycophants that comprise the majority of his loyal followers to believe.
We, however, were not fooled for one second because the entire post is far too intelligent and rational to have come from Looney-Tunes Tepid. Yeah, right, like he even knows what the word "venerable" means. Nice try, asshole! How about in future crediting your source material? You're the one who is always complaining that no one will do their homework. What happened to yours? Oh, we know ... the dog ate it!

2 comments:
I too am disappointed that Fearless Leader left us all hanging. All I can think is that the Committee to Free Chester The Molester is nothing but a front.
It is instead a front for an underground group plotting to take over the earth, one lunatic asylum at a time.
Good job!
I really can not tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog for the past few days. Enough for me to create a blogger profile just so I can leave this comment and keep track of any future updates!! I am suddenly a big fan! Sincerely.
I just recently learned of the Starved Rock Murders when I came across it mentioned in a post about "Shocking Crimes You Have Probably Never Heard Of". Being from Virginia I had never heard of it before and I am pretty avid on my true crime reading. Doing my Google searching I found various mentions of a brand new documentary being made but all I could find was the first ten minutes. Which of course led me to that SRM Facebook Group. 3 of them actually. I never joined I was actually excited to see that there were some that were for Chester Wegers guilt and some claiming his innocence. I had no idea what I was in for but I knew that the town is divided. I like reading all I can to make my own mind up. I thought I had saved the most interesting for last by not reading the Pro Chester group until last. I got through 4 post before I felt like I was under dressed without a tinfoil hat. I didnt even make it through the first post without being aggravated by the way they were talking down to the members. Fearless Leader has a major God Complex and acts like a complete nutjob. And some of his little minions are just nothing short of batshit crazy. I found your blog via the link they shared though! And I have been reading and catching up every since. I was half way through their post when I actually had to take a break from it and glanced at your wonderful Magic Marshtian Tent and that was it. I do not think I have laughed so much in a very long time. Thank You.
I am sorry my comment is so long but I wanted to show you I am sincere because maybe you or someone else that reads your blog could help me out. You at least seem straight up and honest and most important not insane.. But I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of somewhere I can get more information from.
To be clear.. I do not think Chester Weger should be a free man. Although I do not know if he committed these murders. The fact he raped an 8 year old girl made me no longer care for the mans freedom I do not think it was a coincidence those other attacks/rapes happened around the time of the murders either. But he is a very little man IMO and we are talking about 3 well built women with 9 children to get home to. I think they could have taken him tbh. I know its possible he did do this and no I do not think its a conspiracy or some kind of hoax I just think if he didnt do this the victims families deserve to have people know who did. I have heard the rumors and I know all about the long hair in their hands but was there any proof? Why are some of the people in that town so convinced that it was the kid that was sent away or a supposed 'hit'? Like I said Chester Weger can sit and rot for all I care other than a bullet there is only one way to stop a sexual predator. I dont care how old he was they reoffend more often than not and considering the other rapes that were occurring and the fact that they seemed to have stopped once he went away I think hes right where he should be.
Sorry again so long. Never done this before but I hope someone can help me out with more info. Don't be too hard on the crazies.. I do truly believe that hot mess of a group helped get his parole denied just by being themselves. I am so glad I didnt join without reading first! Dodged that bullet!
Post a Comment